Citiport Credit Co-operative Ltd was registered on 9 October 1925 by 27 junior employees of the Singapore Harbour Board. It was then known as the Singapore Harbour Board Employees Thrift and Loan Co-operative Society. The name was changed to Port of Singapore Authority Employees Co-operative Thrift and Loan Society in 1964 when the Harbour Board became the Port of Singapore Authority. In 1997 it was changed to the current name when PSA was corporatized.
Today it has more than 3,000 members mainly from PSA Corporation. Besides providing thrift and loan services to its members, members can also avail many welfare benefits and study grants for their children.